Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Saturday, April 18, 2009

April Showers Bring Pretty Flowers


We had showers today and that made me think this was an appropriate card for the today's blog. Isn't the card bright and cheery?
I used Stampin Ups Wagon Full of Love stamp of the potted flower. It was stamped on a background paper of the technique Spectrum Roll from Technique Junkie a few years back and the plaid border is one of the new techniques, Pulled Madras. Potted plant was then colored in with stamp write markers, and buttons added down the madras strip. Tiny little leaf stamp from Lovely as a Tree from Stampin Up was also used. This was a super fun and interesting card to make!
We stamped at Alisa's last night and worked on our scrap books. My daughter's and Alisa's friend, Nissa was also there. We had so much fun laughing and teasing each other and scrappin'. I watched these girls growing up and it was so awesome and now they are young mother's and still good friends. And so very busy with the business of Life! As you know doubt have guessed, I am the oldest in the crowd, just call me Mom. My busiest days are behind me and I just love pretending to be everybody's Grandma. I sure needed a night of relaxing and laughing with the girls though. Work was a bear all week long!
Enjoy your flowers as they peek through the soil and remember to plant seeds of kindness every where you go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a good time too! And, I was talking to Alisa again today and I believe Nissa surprised us all by coming and staying so long at Alisa's. I'm glad you enjoy hangin' with us cause you're one of the coolest mom's EVER. I'm so glad you're mine. Tee Hee!