Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson& Richard DiLallo



What a clever bookcase. I hope my brother can make one like this for me as I just love it. B is for Beth too!

Well I just finished Patteron's & DiLallo's The Christmas Wedding, which I found to be a fun, light hearted read. It is not the normal Patterson, but a family, Christmas tale based on a pretty wild premise. Gaby Summerhill, a widow of three years and a mother of four adult children and some grandkids thrown in there too, is getting married on Christmas Day and she figures this will bring all her children home again for Christmas. First of all, she lets them know through videos she makes and sends to them. I though this was rather clever as there'd certainly be no back talk. The other twist is that she was proposed to by three men and she will not reveal who the groom will be until the wedding. Well, it's a little unbelievable, but what is fiction for? I thought it an enjoyable read, so I would definitely recommend for an in between the deeper, darker reads. Enjoy!

No comments: