Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bone (3) Eyes of the Storm by Jeff Smith


Noah, my grandson, insisted I read one of the Bone books….it’s a continuing saga of the Bone cousin’s adventures put together in 9 volumes. Although I seem to have a problem with graphic novels, definitely not my preferred manner of reading, I did find the story interesting and I can readily understand his devotion to the series…He’s read it twice now and wants Grandma to buy it for him. In this particular story, Fone Bone has a crush on Thorn. Thorn has been dreaming dreams which eventually are revealed to be real memories of her childhood, confirmed by her Grandma Ben. Cousins Phoney and Smiley Bone are in servitude to Lucius and must work off their debt at his bar. Trouble is brewing as Thorn finds out she is the last of the royal bloodline and an army is gathering to end any potential reign she may have. Probably if I could draw, I might consider writing and illustrating my own graphic novel. It was a very interesting tale! Anything that gets kids READING is just A-OK in my mind! Read on Noah!!!!

1 comment:

J Vogler said...

I got one of these for my kids for Christmas, and they love it!