Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What I read in December

Happy New Year, my Peeps!    I hope 2014 blesses you with all the pleasures reading can bring you.  My goal for 2014 is to read 150 books.   Each year I try to increase my number.   In 2013, my goal was 120 books and I exceded my goal by four books.   Now Good Reads numbers me at 94 and I don't know where the difference is, but 124 is what my recorded #s show.



December 2013 was a very difficult month.   My dear husband passed away on December  8th, unexpectedly.   Twelve days later, we lost my sweet brother, John.   Losses do bring a family together and there has been a lot of love and support given.  I suppose time will heal my wounded heart and my dear books will keep me company. but this was not how I planned to spend the month of December.

Despite the loss of these dear souls, I managed to read the pictured books and to blog about them.   My favorite Christmas read was Debbie Macomber's Angels At the Table.   It was sweet and adorable.

Actually I enjoyed reading all the Christmas stories.   Christmas is a warm and fuzzy time of year and curling up with a good book is just this side of heaven for me.

Dan Walsh's Remembering Christmas was also an excellent read, but my blog for it will be December 1, 2014.   Yep I'm getting ready now for another 25 days of Christmas.

Last but not least, I have read one novel that isn't related to Christmas and that's Stacy Greens, Skeleton Key, a mystery I seriously loved!   You can read my blogged review on January 2nd!

Here's hoping for a seriously improved 2014.  May you all be richly blessed with love, happiness and good fortune!

Beth :)







No comments: