Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Cherie


Well aside from the inauguration on the 20th, it was the birthday of my highschool best friend, Cherie. Hopefully she will enjoy the card I am posting to celebrate her birthday! And hopefully she will be patient to receive it as I am late in posting and sending it to her! That's me, always a day late and a dollar short; I am quite sure they will place that on my tombstone. But I hope your day was a tremendous joy and blessing to you Cherie!


The card is made of Stampin Up stamps, Carte Postale and Best Blossoms, both retired stamp sets. Also put into play were the SU Scallop Circle and scallop edge punches. Our February challenge card for my stamping group is to use your punch(es) for the challenge and this was my design. I will show them the picture and honest Cherie, the card will be on it's way to you tomorrow, hopefully with a letter. (Don't hold your breath).


I have so many stamps I need to sort and part with them....what a job that will be! Do I hear a week off from work for this? Nah, didn't think so, but it could occupy several weekends! I do not know how it happens, but it seems like my wish list never shrinks and my stash of stamps and supplies just takes over, first a room and then the whole house. If anyone ever thought a relaxing hobby like stamping would be inexpensive, they are delusional......it's a great hobby for the compulsive however. Trust me, I know!




No comments: