Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Monday, February 2, 2009

Same Pallette, Different Day


Yes, I tried another technique from the February TJL; this one called Stringing You Along! It was great fun to do this weekend, in between unloading those pesky boxes. Again to me this technique speaks of a sunburst and the myriad
of colors dancing through the clouds. Again the stamp set is SU's Dreams Du Jour. Cardstock is SU Black, Taken with Teal and Whisper White. Inks used were Tempting Turquoise, Cool Caribbean and the Adirondack Big and Juicy, Happy Birthday ink pad. Image was colored with SU Stamp write Markers. Organza shiny ribbon is from Michael's.
They say the rodent saw his shadow which means six more weeks of winter. If tonight is any indication, we have temps that dropped 20 degrees in 2 hours and a cold brisk wind straight out of the north! I am ready to go snuggle under the flannel blanket my friend Michelle made for me. It's one of those tied together blankets and she found purple polka dots......Purple my favorite color. I don't know who loves it more, me or Max or Lucy, but we do tussle over it!
Some from my childhood probably wonder about my love of purple as when I was 5 my bedroom was purple and I was terrified to be in there. Well, it just wasn't fair I tell you. Mom and Dad shared their room and my four brothers shared a big bedroom and then there was me in this small bedroom on the back corner of the house. From my window there was a forever blinking red light on the tip of a tall tower way off in the distance......just bright enough and visible enough to be quite scary in the middle of the night. Another thing about that room I hated, was there was a back stairway that led down to the kitchen and I was always afraid someone was coming up those stairs.....and of course the room was painted lavender. I'm sure I would love that color today, but back then, it was a fearsome thing to sleep in that room. It took many a year to finally come to grips with that fear and come to love the shades of purple I love today. Maybe that room brought out my wild imagination. Let me tell you, I never lacked for imagination!
Well, until my next post, I hope your todays are as colorful as your tomorrows and equally delightful!

No comments: