Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Thursday, May 2, 2013

What I Read in April


Good Morning Peeps!
How's it going for you?   I borrowed the above picture of little peeps from the girl I used to babysit for when she was 2 yrs old.    Man, time flies when you spend it with those you love!   She is all grown up with a grown family of her own and grandbabies too!    Certainly dates me, huh?   That was a good chapter in my life story!

Today's post shows the books I read in April--9 books this month!   Thankfully  I even got some stamping in as well!   I must be feeling better than I've felt in awhile---Yahoo!




Christmas stories read now, but reviews to be posted in December....I know, Having to wait is a fate worse than death, lol.    Centaur Legacy is the second in my favorite fantasy series and I'll be reviewing Centaur Rivalry sometime in MAY!   I can not wait to get into it!   Kate Hardy's little romance about ballroom dancing broke up the heaviness of the Partners in Crime Tours, I hosted.  I love suspense, mystery thrillers, but sometimes it kind of gets to you and you need something light and fun!
 I read a little bit of everything in April, romance, mystery, suspense, fantasy, Christmas and even Science Fiction.   I love the diversity of reading!  My grandson Noah, now twelve years old, still shares his reading with me.   He had a book of sci-fi short stories and he wanted to share it with me, well one of the shorts.   It was called Fear Shouter by Jay Williams and the book was

Out of This World: Science Fiction Stories by Edward Blishen.

I love that we still have that connection 

with reading.   The story packs quite a little surprise at the end and he wanted to share that with me.    How cool is that?    I hope as long as I live, he will want to share his readings with me.    It is truly a blessing to have reading in common with him.   Although I can tell his taste in reading materials is far different from mine.   But I'm glad he is into age appropriate reading.

 Amanda P won a paperback copy of No Way Back by Andrew Gross this month.   Congratulations Amanda, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.   
    Guess that about wraps up April for me Peeps.   I hope you all had a fabulous April as far as reading is concerned.     Reading keeps your brain sharp!








So keep the eyes and a good book open!

No comments: