Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Trip to the Book Store

Isn't this picture adorable? It reminds me of those weekly trips into town and either visiting the library or the bookstore and trying to leave either with an armful of books. Easier to retrieve an armful from the library than asking the farmer's wife, (mom), to make an armful purchase. The picture is compliments of Barbara Fisher's blog at: http://marchhousebookscom.blogspot.com/ Thank you Barbara.

This week I'm adding four books to my TBR list. All four selections should broaden my horizons. I'm beginning to think I have no specific genre or category of book that I favor. I will read anything, but I want to explore newer authors at the moment and then again I want to read some oldies that I may have missed in high school & college.



TBR: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

The Keeper of the Light by Diane Chamberlain

The Hollows by Amanda Hocking

Flowers of Algernon by Daniel Keyes


A good novel tells us the truth about it’s hero, but a bad novel tells us the truth about it’s author.

G. K. Chesterton

No comments: