Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Island Trilogy Box Set by Jen Minkman--Promo

Jen Minkman's, The Island Series is now available in a boxed set!    For anyone following my reviews, you know I have read and reviewed the entire series and I enjoyed it very much.   This was a unique read with a unique perspective and as a result, it is very thought provoking.

I invite you to read the entire series and stimulate your mind with the what if?

From my Review of The Waves (October 20 2013):
"Once again Jen has created a unique and interesting story and it was fun to reacquaint myself with  the characters in these bizarre cultures.   These stories lend themselves to reviewing internally how our own society's religions were passed down to each generation and what we may have changed or lost in translation.   Alas, I leave that review up to each reader as a personal and intimate choice.

I thank Jen Minkman for her writing prowess.   I love books that make me think!"


About Jen Minkman:

Jen Minkman (1978) was born in Holland, in the town of Alphen aan den Rijn. When she was 19, she moved between The Hague, Salzburg (Austria), Brussels (Belgium) and Cambridge (UK) to complete her studies in intercultural communication. She is currently a teacher of English and Dutch at a secondary school in The Hague, Holland. She tries to read at least 100 books a year (and write a few, too!). She is a published author in her own country, and translates her own books from Dutch into English for self-publication.
In her spare time, she plays the piano, the guitar and the violin. For every novel she writes, she creates a soundtrack. 

'I have always been drawn to writing. My first book was a sci-fi novel at the age of eight, which I painstakingly typed out on my dad's typewriter and illustrated myself. Nowadays, I stick to poetry, paranormal romance, chicklit and/or fantasy. In my home country, I am the first-ever published writer of paranormal romance, and I will gradually make my books also available in English (seeing I have to re-write and translate the books myself, this will take some time!).



No comments: