Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” —Groucho Marx

Friday, June 15, 2012

Feature&Follow Friday

Q:  Happy Father's Day!  Who is your favorite dad character in a book and why?

Copied from Parajunkee's View:

RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
    • If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
My favorite dad is Precious Ramotswe's daddy in the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith.   I love this series of books and although Mma Ramotswe's father is late when we first meet her, she remembers him as honorable, kind, wise and of the highest character.   I only hope I will be remembered by my children in such high regard.

57.
62.
82.
173.
 
 You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 4 days, 17 hrs, 35 min (6/20/2012 1:45 PM North America - Central Standard Time)

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here...
 
 


31 comments:

Jennifer @ Bad Bird Reads said...

following back.

Chrystina said...

Hi! New follower, just hopping through :) You can find my FF Here
Thanks!
Chrystina @BookLiaison

Felicia said...

Interesting answer. I don't think I've ever read that series yet.

Thanks for stopping by and following. Am now following you bavk via GFC.

~ Livin' Life Through Books

Unknown said...

Thank you Ladies...I'm following all three of you too!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I've never read the McCall Smith books. I should really try them some time.
My Hop

Unknown said...

It's a neat little series, around 200 pages per book. They are sweet and reflect Positive life values In Mma Ramotswe's daily life as a lady detective in Botswana.

littleread1 said...

Following back! I haven't read that series, might have to check it out!

Unknown said...

it's not YA/paranormal, but it's sweet and charming.

The Scarf Princess said...

Thanks for becoming a follower of my site, I'm now following you back via GFC and wish you a Happy Reading weekend.

The Scarf Princess

Unknown said...

thank you!

Unknown said...

I haven't read that one! New GFC follower. Thanks for stopping by my FF!

Unknown said...

As a fellow parent I agree completely.

Elle said...

I am returning the follow!! Great choice!!!

Amie@Mom Reads My Books! said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I included Stephanie Plum's dad because I just love those books and how much he puts up with! Thanks also for your kind words! I am now following back via GFC.

Jennifer @ BookShelfery said...

Such a sweet answer! Thanks for stopping by, I'm following you via email as well :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by - new follower.

Bob @ Beauty in Ruins

Leah Marie said...

I never made it past the first book in that series. Perhaps I should try again?

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I've followed ya back.

Unknown said...

Honorable, kind, wise and of the highest character.
A great way to be remembered as a dad! Thanks for stopping by and I'm following GFC.

Markella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Markella said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I never heard of that series but I should check it out.

Kristina said...

Great choice, I've only read the first couple but do remember this character. Thanks for stopping by, following back

LoveOfBooks said...

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Christy @ Love of Books

Jennifer @ A Librarians Library said...

Thanks for stoppin' by and following! Following back!

I have seen that book on the shelves from time to time but never read it. But maybe I ought to ;-)

Have a good weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the follows....all of you! So awesome!
As long as we live we will never be able to read all the wonderful books that are out there and in so many genres!

Michelles Paranormal Vault Of Books said...

Not familiar with your choice, I am a new follower, here is my FF Post

Michael @ The Bookshelf Review said...

I haven't heard of that book, sounds interesting. Thanks for visiting my FF. Followed you back. =]

Sally Bibrary said...

Thanks so much for stopping by, hon - absolutely delighted to return the visit and the follow.

Sally @ Bending the Bookshelf

Preet said...

I haven't heard of this book, but I am intrigued. Thanks for stopping by!

Veronica said...

thanks for stopping by my blog I'm following you back. p.s congratulation on winning! :]

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I followed you back through GFC.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your follow...much appreciated!